Search Engine Optimization
SEO, Search Engine Optimization or “How to be first on Google”. Everyone wants for their website to be at least on the first page of Google organic search results. Have you noticed that there is only a limited number of results on the first page? Therefore not every website can be there, and Google made sure that only the best, by their account, are found there. The best meaning the most relevant to a search query.
Optimizing a website for search engines is a task that is long lasting and usually continuous. Nobody can promise you any result within any time. All you can do is give the best guess, and do your best to reach it.
You have to keep in mind that Google doesn’t want you to optimize your site for search engine. All it wants is that website is done by certain standards, that content is somewhat rich, meaningful, original and relevant to the search query. And most of the web pages are like that. That’s where a race to the first page of Google starts.
So, what is important to get the best ranking in Google? To quote Depeche mode: “Everything counts”. Some things count more (like content, incoming links, and traffic), and some less. The complexity is that nobody really knows everything that Google is taking into account, and indeed, we do not know what gives greater strength to websites ranking. And to make it more complicated – it changes. Every day, every month, every year. Google is constantly updating its search algorithm, and of course, we don’t know what has changed.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Write down 4-5 keywords, without similarities, that you want to be found. If you do not know which ones, we will make an investigation and present you with optimal keywords to focus.
- Create content – once you know your keywords, create content using those keywords, but don’t overdo it. Few keywords per text are more than enough. Keep in mind that text should be fluent, original, relevant to your theme or keyword, and user-oriented. Don’t be afraid to write technical descriptions. Say what you would say if you had an interested party in your office asking you about your service or product.
- Original images or photos – using stock images is not unusual or wrong, but if you can give your unique images that will always bring better user experience and trust.
- Create structure – think of the structure of your website. If you have multiple pages and menus, categorization is essential.
- Link building – Work with your partners so that they add a link to your website on their pages. However, don’t do that with just anyone. Your partners are most likely to be connected to your business and therefore to your theme, services and “keywords”. Links coming from them are relevant to Google and therefore are useful links. If you start creating links on sites that are not relevant Google might find them less important or even give a bad review.
- Think about blog or news – Google loves content that is updated. Having a blog or news feed will undoubtedly help. But keep in mind that you need to add new content regularly. It is not essential to publish every day. It can be every week, once a month, but it must be regular. Frequent publishing is better. One update per year is not frequent or regular. So think about your structure of news/blog and what you could write. And who will do it.
WHAT WE DO?
After we receive your content, it is our job to make it stand out.
- We search for your keywords, and we mark them in the text.
- We create internal links where we can.
- We optimize the HTML content, page titles, and descriptions. We make a sitemap file of your website and notify Google about it.
- We are using Google Analytics tool to analyze everything that is happening on your website. (You can have access too :))
- We optimize links and images with additional tags to make them more SEO friendly.
- We make SEF URLs so that they are easy to read and therefore more Google friendly.
- We optimize your website (images and scripts) so that it loads as fast as possible.
This is what we do in the beginning. After that comes continuous task of monitoring performance, analyzing the website behavior, and continuously making changes and updates to the site. Testing, keeping documentation and waiting for “response”. Nobody knows for sure when you will see the result of your test, but 4-6 weeks are considered to be optimal. Sometimes it comes sooner, that is why continuous monitoring is needed.
That is why most of the clients turn to the Google AdWords program.
- Keyword – a word or a phrase that user is inputting in Google search, like “honey”, “car repair”, “olive oil”, “where to buy a new computer”. These are all considered to be keywords.
- Page rank (PR) – it is a metric that is calculated each time a query is sent to Google search. This metric is then given to all results that Google has, and results are sorted by it. Therefore, the website with best page rank is at the top. More or less
- Organic search results – Organic refers to the search results that are not “ads”. If you start the search it is most likely that on the top of your search results you will find few “ads”. They are marked as ads and they are part of Google advertising platform or SEM and are manipulated by the advertiser. All other results are considered organic, and no one influences them.
- Internal link
- External links
- SEF URL